Type of Tour : Trek
Duration : 4 Nights 5 Days
Starts From : February 7, 2020 | Friday | New Jalpaiguri
Ends At : February 11, 2020 | Wednesday | New Jalpaiguri
Day 1 | February 7, 2020 | NJP - Manebhanjan (7,054 ft) - Chitrey (8,340 ft) : Arrive at NJP Railway Station. Pickup and transfer to Chitrey via Manebhanjan. On arrival check in to home stay and overnight stay at Chitrey.
Day 2 | February 8, 2020 | Chitrey - Tumling (9,600 ft) - Gairibas (8,600 ft) : Trek starts early in the morning. After a trek of about 1 km, Mt.Khangchendzonga may be seen. Trek another 6 km to reach Meghma (9,514 ft). After resting a while, walk for an hour to reach Tumling. From Tumling, trek another 6 km and each Gairibas. Overnight stay at Gairibas.
Day 3 | February 9, 2020 | Gairibas - Kalipokhri (10,400 ft) - Sandakphu (11,929 ft) : Trek begins with a steep climb of 2 km to reach Kayakatta. Kayakatta to Kalipokhri is an easy 5 km. Trek another 2 km to Bikey Bhanjan, from where Sandakphu is visible. The road to Sandakphu is very steep. Reach Sandakphu, the highest point of the state of West Bengal. Overnight stay at Sandakphu.
Day 4 | February 10, 2020 | Sandakphu - Gurdum - Srikhola : Start in the morning and trek to Gurdum Village (10 km). The entire trail is steep descent and goes through thick Bamboo and Rhododendron forest. After Gurdum trail is much easier and after trekking for another 4 km you will reach to Srikhola, named after beautiful stream Srikhola. Overnight stay at Srikhola.
Day 5 | February 11, 2020 | Srikhola – NJP : Trek to the road ahead (approx. 1 km). Your designated vehicle will pick you and you will be transferred to NJP Railway Station.
Cost Per Person : Rs. 14,500 + 5% GST
Cost Includes :
- NJP-Chitrey and Srikhola-NJP transfers by NAC vehicle.
- All accommodation at each place as per itinerary in basic home stay.
- Meals during the trek, starting from Lunch of Day 1 till Breakfast of Day 5
- Expert Trek Leader from Wandervogel Adventures for 5 days to accompany you during the entire trek.
- Singalila entry fees.
Cost Excludes :
- Meals / Beverages other than mentioned in inclusions.
- Bottled water, tips, camera entry fees, any kind of beverages and any expenses of personal nature.
- Sleeping bag or any other personal camping equipment.
- Porter to carry personal belongings of the trekkers.
- GST @ 5%, applicable on total package cost.
- Extra expenses / Expenses due to change in itinerary by guest, or due to natural calamity, road block, political unrest, delay of flight or train and any other unforeseen emergency situation.
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions.