Date: April 14-16th, 2023 || 2N 3D
Bhiarkanika National Park is the largest mangrove forest in Odisha and is home to elusive bio fauna like Fishing Cat, Leopard Cat, Mangrove Pitta, Brown-winged Kingfisher, Black-capped Kingfisher, White-bellied Sea Eagle, King Cobra, and many more. It also home to one of the largest number of Salt water Crocodiles in India and is also known for the conservation of this species. The adjacent Dangmal forest area is also very productive and one can see beauties like Rufous Woodpecker, Pin-striped Tit Babbler, Monitor Lizards etc.
Our tour focusses on two of the major attractions of this park, Fishing Cat and Mangrove Pitta (April is the best time to see this elusive beauty in open).
Reach Bhadrak Railway Station (Well connected to both Eastern and South Eastern Railway), or Bhubaneswar Airport by 12 pm. After meet and greet, we will head to Bhitarkanika National Park. Reaching in the afternoon we will get freshen up, have high tea and in the evening, we will set out for our first Fishing Cat safari in a motorized boat. We have a great team of naturalists who will make sure that you get your desired shots. Come back to the homestay at night. Have dinner and we will call it a day.
Wake up early, and we will head to the mangroves once again for our avian targets like the Mangrove Pitta. We will have breakfast on the go. After concluding the morning session, come back to homestay and get rejuvenated. Have lunch. Afternoon session is free to try your luck in Dangmal forest or leisure. In the evening we will again look for the Fishing Cat inside the mangroves.
We will start our morning safari with the first rays of Sun. And after concluding the safari with card full of images, we will get back to the homestay. It’s time to say good bye to magical Bhitarkanika. We will then drop you to Bhadrak station or Bhubaneswar Airport according to your return plans.
Cost: Rs. 25,900 + 5% GST
- All transfers to and from Bhadrak Station in AC Inova (Transfer from Bhubaneswar airport will be arranged in cost sharing basis).
- Stay in twin sharing in Bhitarkanika homestay (AC accommodation)
- Local transfers
- Two Fishing Cat safaris and Two birding sessions in Bhitarkanika National Park
- Food during the stay (starting from lunch on day 1 to breakfast on day 3; BLD)
- Naturalist during the park visits
- Skipper and Photography mentor from Wandervogel
- Park entry fees
- Single room surcharge – Rs. 6000
- Food other than mentioned
- Tips and gratuities
- Any other expenses of personal nature
Expenses that are not mentioned above