Type of Tour : Wildlife Photography Tour
Duration : 11 Nights 12 Days
Starts From : 7th November, 2019 | Thursday | Delhi
Ends At : 18th November, 2019 | Monday | Delhi
Day 1 | November 7, 2019 | Arrival - Leh : Arrival at Leh. Pick up and transfer to hotel. Remainder of the day will be for acclimatization; rest in the hotel and keep your activities to the bare minimum. Overnight stay at Leh
Day 2 | November 8, 2019 | Leh - Kargil : Today, early morning, you will be transferred to Kargil, which is approximately 220 km / 6 hours away. Photography en route. If time and daylight permits, then we will have a photography session in Kargil. Overnight stay in Kargil
Day 3 | November 9, 2019 | Kargil - Dras : Early morning transfer to Dras, the region of Ladakh famous for the spotting of the Himalayan Brown Bear. It will take approximately 65 km / 2 hours to reach. On reaching, start out for Brown bear expedition with the guides. Stay overnight in Dras
Day 4 - 6 | November 10 - 12, 2019 | Dras : Go out in search of wildlife every day and scan the landscapes with the spotters / guides. Besides a good population of Himalayan Brown Bears, other wildlife in the area include Tibetan Wolf, Himalayan Red Fox, Griffon and Bearded Vulture. Stay overnight in Dras
Day 7 | November 13, 2019 | Dras - Hemis Shukpachan : Transfer from Dras to Hemis Shukpachan (approx. 260 km / 7 hours). On reaching Hemis, rest for the day and prepare for the Snow Leopard treks for the following days Overnight stay at Hemis
Day 8 - 10 | November 14 - 16, 2019 | Hemis Shukpachan : Full Day Snow Leopard spotting walks/treks with guide/tracker and visit the different sites/valleys based on the information / sighting of the animal. Overnight stay at Hemis
Day 11 | November 17, 2019 | Hemis Shukpachan - Leh : Transfer from Hemis to Leh (approx. 80 km / 3 hours). Overnight stay in Leh
Day 12 | November 18, 2019 | Departure : Depart from Leh for the onward journey to your destination
- Snow Leopard.
- Himalayan Brown Bear.
- Bharal or Blue Sheep.
- Ladakh Urial.
- Himalayan Griffon.
- Himalayan Snowcock.
- Very warm clothes [Down jacket, Heavy woolens, Fleece jacket or pullovers, Thermal inner-wear, Woolen socks, Thick woolen cap, High-ankle waterproof walking shoes, A pair of woolen gloves, A dark Sun-glass, Personal sleeping bag (advised)].
- Walking stick..
- Powerful head torch with extra cell.
- Cameras with enough extra batteries to work five days without recharging.
- Dry fruits/chocolates etc.
- A lightweight backpack to carry personal belongings while trekking.
- Sunscreen lotion.
- Toilet paper.
Cost Per Person : Rs. 1,12,000 + 5% GST
Cost Includes :
- All accommodations as per itinerary.
- Food as mentioned in itinerary.
- Tour Skipper.
- All transfers and sightseeing as per itinerary.
- Tracker and Guide / NP entry fees / local area entry fees.
Cost Excludes :
- Air / train fare.
- Meals / Beverages other than mentioned in inclusions.
- Any expenses of a personal nature like tips, laundry, etc.
- Any additional costs due to change in itinerary by guest, delay / cancellation of flights, political unrest, any natural calamity, etc.
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions.